COME VOLUNTEER WITH US!
The Hyattsville CDC is seeking setup volunteers for Bursting on the Scene. Setup volunteers will be coached upon arrival on mural design, assist in loading (50 lbs items), cleaning paint supplies, and of course, painting during the day!
This is a great opportunity if you're looking to:
- Give back to the community,
- Looking for community service hours,
- Are a civic group looking to meet the community, or
- Get involved with the Gateway Arts District community.
Please join us! We're seeking 10 people on-hand for each of these shifts::
- SET UP: Help muralists and sponsors get set-up, gather paint supplies, set up tables, chairs, tents, and signage. We're seeking 10 people each for 2 shifts: 9:00am-11am or 11am-1pm
- EVENT HELP: Helping muralists and event organizers with various needs like assisting muralists, greeting and counting visitors, and loading. We're seeking 10 people each for 2 shifts: 1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm
- BREAK DOWN: Break down tables, chairs, tents, miscellaneous material, paint supplies, and signage. We're seeking 10 people between: 5pm to 7pm
And of course...by volunteering you're RSVP-ing to paint with us: When the event opens to the public, come help out, grab a paint brush and make your mark on two of our Paint-by-Numbers murals (ALL ages welcome!).
Come enlist in our 1-day “Volunteer Gateway Art Corps!” - Tell us your name, contact info, and if you're with a group or school seeking community service hours, just let us know!
Click to sign up online
Questions? Would you like to help plan the event? Come help us knock on doors, place fliers in mailboxes, meet with business owners and schools --Call the Hyattsville CDC at 301-683-8267 or e-mail email@example.com