Explore West Hyattsville after your visit to Bursting On The Scene on 5/20/17:
Walk and Talk
- Walk the Northwest Branch Trail from Mt Rainier Nature Ctr to Heurich Park Turf Field. 1b. Visit each public school on your walk: Rosa L. Parks, Nicholas Orem, and the newly-opened Felegy Elementary.
- Note safer crosswalks and sidewalks this year, as Queens Chapel Rd sees renovations! SHA is installing storm drains, landscape walls, gutters, curbs, ramps, sidewalks, and new street lighting.
- Visit the Comic Hero Playground at Heurich Park
- Walk your dog at Heurich Dog Park
- Catch a free movie Fri nights at the Sunset Movie Series! 7/28, 8/25, 9/22
- Enjoy the International Festival Sat, 6/3
- Take Part In National Night Out Against Crime Tue, 8/1
Dine and Shop
- Enjoy Happy Hour: Acapulco Spirit + Trinity Bar & Grill
- Sing Karaoke on Tue nights: Lee’s Restaurant
- Kids, enjoy a lunchtime treat: Baskin Robbins + Dunkin Donuts
- Adults, enjoy a late-night cocktail: Kitchen Near You
- Grab a bite! Curzi’s Seafood, KFC, Pizza Hut. Chillum Rd: Mid Atlantic Seafood or the new Atomic Wings + Super Japan
- Find your new look at Caro’s Fabrics + Eagle Bazaar
- Window shop! Aaron’s Furniture, Fuentes Jewelry, Jessica’s Bridal + Flowers; House of Music. Chillum Rd: Gamestop, Payless Shoes
- Head to the grocers! Shop ALDI, Bonivia Intl Foods + Bestway. Chillum Rd: Visit Shoppers, Price Rite, CVS + Family Dollar
- Smell the roses at Denchfield’s, Hyattsville Nursery, and Mount Rainier Nature Center
- Spruce up your wheels! Visit Autozone and Advance Auto Parts. Browse Royal Motors + Joel’s Auto Sales.
- Freshen up your look at Salon Tazara, QC Barber Shop, Second Chance. Chillum Rd: Today Nails & Day Spa + Beauty Depot