Below is a list of publications that provide useful information about various planning initiatives in Hyattsville and our surrounding communities in Prince George’s County. These plans are integral to maintaining community vision and proper implementation of progress in our communities, to ensure proper land use. In addition to our own copies of these plans, we thank M-NCPPC and the City of Hyattsville for allowing these plans to be available on their own websites.
View our page on Land Use and then, select the plan of your choice:
- Route One Communities Retail Market Study (April 2012)
- 2011-2015 Community Sustainability Plan (June 2011)
- Approved Transit District Development Plan and Transit District Overlay Zoning Map Amendment for the West Hyattsville Transit District Overlay Zone (July 2006) (November 2004)
- Gateway Arts & Entertainment District Approved Sector Plan and Sectional Map Amendment for Prince George’s County (November 2004)
- Approved Town of Riverdale Park Mixed-Use Town Center Zone Development Plan (January 2004)
- Preliminary Port Towns Sector Plan and Proposed Sectional Map Amendment (March 2009)
- Strategic Framework for Transit-Oriented Development in Prince George’s County (May 2003)
- West Hyattsville Metro Safety Guide
A three-month study was conducted in the Fall of 2006 by students at the University of Maryland in response to the crime occurring at the West Hyattsville Metro Station. This study yielded a Safety Guide, meant to raise awareness and keep citizens informed, with West Hyattsville residents in mind.