Gateway Community Development Corporation drives economic revitalization along the U.S. Route 1 Corridor through business and neighborhood development initiatives including promotion of the arts as a community building strategy. Gateway CDC works within the communities of Brentwood, North Brentwood and Mount Rainier, MD and in collaboration with multiple partners to ensure the success of the entire Gateway Arts District.
Over this calendar year Gateway Community Development Corporation (GCDC) will be assessing our needs for employing an executive to manage the organization and support our mission. We are currently looking for a consultant to help conduct that assessment as part of developing a business plan.
More immediately, we need operational management and support in the Gateway CDC office on a temporary basis. We are looking for a professional with a proven track record in non-profit management, skills in assessment and analysis, and business acumen. This individual is expected to keep operations running efficiently while developing the Business Plan.
The following outlines the tasks, deliverables and projects that are needed.
Immediate Operational Management
- Clean and organize work space
- Oversee day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage budget as approved by Board of Directors
- Hire and/or retain and manage administrative staff
Board of Directors Support
- Provide information to the Board of Directors as needed
- Coordinate meetings of Board of Directors and committees
- Supervise Facilities Management
- Oversee new leases and lease renewals
- Lead the staff in customer service to tenants
- Manage awarded grants, including reimbursement requests
- Oversee development of database to track active members
- Organize membership meetings in coordination with Board of Directors
- Work with media partners to promote events, membership meetings, etc.
- Assist president and committee chairs in communicating with committees
Deliverables for Sustainability
- Align capacity, structure, and work flow of organization and enhance time and task management
- Document office work structure and create decision flow
- Create opening and closing, technology, and emergency contact procedures
- Create performance evaluation tools
- Create operations manual
- Create a leadership transition plan
- Review and update GCDC personnel manual
- Conduct benefits assessment
Develop Business Plan
Working with Board of Directors, committees, stakeholders, and members of the community develop the following:
- Review, and assess GCDC’s mission to define GCDC’s purpose
- Complete a detailed market and community analysis
- Construct a competitive analysis and overview
- Design marketing plan outlining strategies increasing organization’s reach
- Complete an operating plan
- Prepare a sustainability plan
The Board of Directors are volunteers who are not regularly available during the work day for meetings, or to conduct business on behalf of GCDC. The consultant must be available for meetings in the evenings or on weekends. The consultant will be expected to conduct regular office hours, e.g. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. These hours time will be determined with the consultant.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to ExecDirector@gatewaycdc.org no later than Friday, February 13, 2015. Include references and examples of prior work that you consider to be applicable. If you have questions please send them to Laura Rogers at ExecDirector@gatewaycdc.org