Since our creation in the fall of 2000, we have completed a variety of projects to improve our community. Below is a listing of various projects and initiatives. For more collaborations, visit our list of our community partners and service area, without whom our work would not be possible.
- In partnership with City of Hyattsville, we managed the creation of the 2011-2015 Community Sustainability Plan
- We’ve organized the annual Downtown Hyattsville Arts Festival since 2008 and continue to grow it into its 13th year in 2020.
- The CDC organized and scoped the Route One Communities Retail Market Study to gauge area market capacity and direction.
- In 2016, we provided construction management and redevelopment activity in 3 municipalities, including the Three Brothers Shopping Center in Bladensburg, Sis’s Tavern in North Brentwood, 4314 Farragut St in Hyattsville.
- We led the successful Recertification effort for the Prince Georges County Gateway Arts & Entertainment District
- In collaboration with the Town of North Brentwood, we are restoring the site of Sis’s Tavern, an important cultural and historical institution.
- The CDC developed and commissioned specialized sculptural kiosks and maps to be placed along the Rhode Island Avenue Trolley Trail.
- Authored the Downtown Hyattsville Parking Capacity and Parking District Property Assessment Analysis
- Collaboration and capacity building and for established and emerging local non-profits: Avonridge Community Development Corporation; Anacostia Trails Heritage Area/Maryland Milestones; Gateway Community Development Corporation; Hyattsville Community Arts Alliance (HCAA); and Hyattsville Preservation Association
For the latest news, please get involved to learn more!