Since our creation in the fall of 2000, we have completed a variety of projects to improve our community. Below is a listing of various projects and initiatives. For more collaborations, visit our list of our community partners and service area, without whom our work would not be possible.
- In partnership with City of Hyattsville managed the creation of the 2011-2015 Community Sustainability Plan
- Organized and scoped the Route One Communities Retail Market Study to gauge area market capacity and direction
- Led the successful Recertification effort for the Prince Georges County Gateway Arts & Entertainment District
- Authored the Downtown Hyattsville Parking Capacity and Parking District Property Assessment Analysis
- Developed the Downtown Hyattsville Catalyst Project (Gap-financing for the retail component of Arts District Hyattsville)
- Spearheading Gateway Arts District Branding and Marketing efforts on behalf of the Gateway Arts District Management Team
- Supporting growth and development of an Independent Film Series and Filmmaking movement in the Arts District, beginning with the Prince Georges County premiere of TEZA in 2010.
- Organizing partner for the Annual Downtown Hyattsville Arts Festival since 2008.
- Ongoing redevelopment services for The Arcade, 4318 Gallatin Street in partnership with City of Hyattsville
- Awarded $250,000 Bond Bill to provide Parking Garage development planning
- Collaboration and capacity building and for established and emerging local non-profits: Avonridge Community Development Corporation; Anacostia Trails Heritage Area/Maryland Milestones; Gateway Community Development Corporation; Hyattsville Community Arts Alliance (HCAA); and Hyattsville Preservation Association
For the latest news, please get involved to learn more!