An Outdoor Arts Happening at the Rt. 1 Overpass
Imagine the Route 1 infrastructure as a canvas for creativity…music, food, beer, and public art!
On Saturday, July 26th, you’re invited to become a part of a festive, one-of-a-kind event where artists will transform the Hyattsville Route 1 Overpass into a captivating landmark through public art and festivities that commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the end of the War of 1812-1814.
Join us for live music and performances, food, drinks, kids activities, and two artist-instructed Citizen-Paint-Project murals. Free and open to all ages, festivities will begin at 3pm with performances starting at 5pm, running until “the twilight’s last gleaming” at 8pm. A list of vendors, performers, and downtown shops will be announced this Spring – “Ready the cannons!”
- View archive website
- 3/13/2014: RFP for Muralists (due 5/5/2014)
- RFP to Artists Online Information Packet
- Event Graphic Flier
- Hyattsville CDC
- Maryland Milestones/Anacostia Trails Heritage Area Inc as part of Undaunted: Prince George’s County – War of 1812
- Joe’s Movement Emporium under the “Art Lives Here” Initiative funded by ArtPlace America
- M-NCPPC Department of Parks & Recreation: Arts & Cultural Heritage Division
- The City of Hyattsville