The Hyattsville CDC is nearing the completion of installing newly built sculptural signage kiosks along trails in our area to promote trail usage, connectivity between local commercial centers, and increase the visibility of public art along trailways.
The pilot project, now completed, produced 3 sculptures, to be installed along the Rhode Island Avenue Trolley Trail. Plans are now underway to locate and expand to additional locations along the trail. To view more about the pilot project, please see below.
- 7/6/18 - Press Release: Hyattsville CDC Installs Sculptural Wayfinding Kiosks along the Rhode Island Avenue Trolley Trail
- 6/27/18 - The sculptures/kiosks have been installed. Maps will be installed within the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned on the CDC mailing list!
- 9/27/17 - Update on ARTways Trail Wayfinding Signage
- 9/28/16 – Final Design Chosen for ARTways Trail Signage Project - View Charles Bergen Studios' Artist Statement here
- 8/5/16 – Finalist Designs submitted for ARTways Trail Signage
- 6/14/16 – Three Finalists Chosen for ARTways Trail Signage Project
- 4/8/16 – RFQ for Sculptural Trail Signage Design
This project has been financed in part by State funds from the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority, an instrumentality of the State of Maryland. However, the contents and opinions do not necessarily reflect the views of policies of the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority.